View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 10:48 PM   #4
c00lbeansdude
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedcboy View Post
Did you fill it, run engine and fill it while running and then let it drip out any excess through fill hole while running and up to 50C/125F?
You are describing 8HP70/75 when fluid is low. Reverse will be more or less normal and forward will slip and jump into engagement.
Yes I believe my car has the 8HP75x. I filled about 4-4.5qt cold. Closed fill plug. Warmed car to 35C. Then reved to 2k for 30s in park. Then put in RNDm1m2 for 10s each. Was at 40c after this and opened the plug and filled another 2qt till it dripped out and plugged. Car was at about 53 C when I plugged it.

I also repeated this last night starting at 39c and got another 250-300ml in before it was leaking and was up to 43C.

Only areas of concern might be that I forgot to shake the bottles for the first 5 Qts. The car was also sitting on wood blocks and the rear jack points sit about .5-.7 inches higher than the front jack point. So the rear of the transmission was slightly higher than the front compared to an X5 having this done on a lift. I would think this would cause it to be slightly overfilled. There is also no torque converter due to the electric motor so the revving to 2K for 30 seconds might not be necessary, although I don’t think it would cause it to push oil into the sump and cause a low fill. I could only find the fill procedure for the standard eight HP transmissions.

Could it be an adaptations issue that will resolve itself after a couple hundred miles of driving?
Appreciate 0