Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley86 View Post
You could also buy a set of take off winter wheels and tires from ebay for around $1600. I'm not sure what you are paying for the tires though. I personally prefer to swap wheels all together and bought a new set last year around that price range, mind you they were 19's but also brand new with stickers...
Thats what I want to do. I want to find a set of 20" (I like the looks of the 451's) and put Conti DWS06 All Season tires on them. I have a lift at work and I can store the Summer 469M wheels and tires there also. It would be much easier to put on a complete set of the 451's with All Season for the winter. Once spring rolls around I can easily swap them back to the 469M's with the runflats.
Why would you go through the effort of buying different wheels and tires for the winter just to run "all seasons." DSW already run butter than oem RFT so why not just put them on your 469 and keep the RFT for resale. Just seems silly as I'm assuming you don't live in an area where is snows really. And with that said I ran my RFT all winter through two snows and they did just fine. Now before the snow boys have a coronary and it is NOT recommended to run them in snow I'm just saying it CAN be done and the AWD system handled it all fine here in VA with our two blizzard weekends.

Where do you live?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
gqgambler719.00