View Single Post
      01-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #25
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Paul is correct.

To be clear, the wiring harness plugs into the high pressure common fuel rail (three wires) The chip modifies and sends signals to the ECU to increase fuel pressure (more fuel - HP) and when to fire the injectors (injector or fuel timing - torque) - all this by influencing (or calling) the stock OEM tune tables. This chip does not DIRECTLY influence the turbo. It is a VGT and is influenced by the fuel tables and fuel timing and is actuated by oil pressure through an electronic solenoid.

Here is a quote from Nils Warschun, RC in Germany on July 8 in an email exchange between him and me:

"Our chip is mainly active in the acceleration and pulling phase. The work area is about 1500-3500 rpm." This is completely consistent with my statement above and in earlier posts. If your accelerator is not moving, or is above 3500, then the RC is doing nothing.

Furthermore, here is another statement from the same email:

"We supply the chip with a basic setting for your vehicle. With this basic setting, you have a power increase about 20%. This is the best compromise between fuel economy and performance." On paper, this should give you about 300 hp and over 475 lb ft of torque.

I was told in different emails that my engine spec is higher from the factory and this is why it couldn't take the RC stock setting without tripping CEL. This could be true due to software version, an engine part could have been upgraded or switched to a different OEM supplier, but I think it is influenced more by environmental factors such as temp, altitude and humidity.

Good luck.