frenchie1013
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie1013 View Post
Just curious, but can anyone figure out why the OTS Bm3 tune is putting down an extra 47awhp compared to the Bpc tune? How can tunes be so different ?
Good question.

I took a closer look and it appears that high hp number on BM3 red graph only spikes at the very end - that can be as simple as dyno roller inertia, so it could be a glitch. Notice it falls off short in rpm compared to blue graph. Look at the curve from the beginning to the end - for majority of time it's under 500whp. Right at about 497whp or so. So it's pretty much in line with Bpc tune 485whp.
Once again, variations in weather conditions during run such as humidity, temperature and simply the fact that it's different dyno - can easily be up to 5%. If you do the math 5% from 500whp is about 25whp! Also, fuel in tank, used during dyno run can make a difference. We don't know what fuel that person had (the one who has BM3), maybe he had couple gallons of race gas added or some octane booster. So take it with a grain of salt.
Same with Bpc that has bigger torque - unless it's bigger by more than 5% - I wouldn't say that I'm 100% sure it's the tune that does it.

P.S. Think about it this way: would the tuner hold extra 47whp power not utilized on purpose to make car slower lol and only unleash it at the very end for a very short rpm range: like from 6200-6400rpm and then fall off again? Imagine a tuner writing a tune that has a map with fuel tables, valvetronic lift tables, fuel tables, boost tables, etc. and then suddengly for the very end he switches everything and gets another 47whp out of nowhere?

Bottom line is look at the curve in general - from what rpm to what rpm tune holds hp and tq flat. Things like that matter. A strange spikes at the very end - don't really matter, imho.
Good point. I hadn't even thought of looking at the graph at all....thanks!
Makes sense.

2014 X5 50i
BMS stage 1, Dinan intake, F85 Knee Bolsters
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50