View Single Post
      07-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #13
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
Any tricky bits to be aware of changing the plugs?. I bought Bosch plugs and Eldor coils, but haven't installed them yet as I just turned 53K.

I installed the Kies crank seal protector and that was simple and straightforward, well, except for removing the radiator fan for access, but that procedure has nothing to do with the Kies item. If you don't already have them, a set of E sockets (10 & 14) is a must
Yes, E sockets are a must on modern BMWs.

Tips: For the cable holder that runs across the engine - be sure to take the top off the cable holder and remove the cables from the holder before you attempt to unscrew the holder. Otherwise you’ll fight the cables all along.

For the rear most T25 on the cable holder a swivel joint or loose T25 bit and a open ended wrench will help a lot as the clearance is very tight!

I left the strut tower brace on. There is clearance with it on and in place.

There is a rubber plug that holds the intake tube on the top rear of the engine. Just keep pulling and wiggling that I take too straight up and it’ll eventually bend the knee. Wait to unplug the MAF until the intake tube is free and it’s a lot easier as you’ll be able to see the MAF plug release instead of guessing.

What’s the trick with the fan? I’ll be headed that direction next…

You’ll be glad you bought the coils and won’t need to go in here again. It’s a fiddly job to change coils on the rear most cylinders thanks to all the plastic that needs to be taken off.

Hope the above helps!

Last edited by tlow98; 07-06-2021 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
scotty339147.00