11-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #1
mrjayo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Unloaded the beast at Willow Springs Raceway

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This past weekend I took the beast out to Speed Districts event. They are known for hosting all track events mainly at all Willow Springs Raceway. I like the events they host because everyone is cautious and cares about their car, also they don't over pack the track so your more comfortable when your out there.

I previously had a F80 M3 so going from that car to the F85 X5M is a big difference driving it on the track. I've had my F85 for a little less than 2 months so I'm still getting use to it. I was a little nervous taking SAV on the track even though I knew it can handle it.

Let's start by saying this car is a beast everyone at the track was shocked. There were a lot of Porsche GT3s and F82s. I didn't really prep much since it was a last minute decision to go early Sunday morning. I get to the track sign up fill out the paper work and get ready to go on. When I say this car is a beast I mean wow I'm shocked myself that I'm taking turns going 90+ and coming out of turns just as fast. I hit about 140 on the straight coming out of turn 9. I didn't get that much run time since I didn't want to demolish my 21" tires that aren't even 2 months old. The car sounds amazing and runs great with no problems what so ever. BMW sure knew what they are doing when they built this car.

For the car being AWD I got sideways about 3 or 4 times possibly because my tires were just getting really hot. I drove in MDM with Sport Plus on everything and gear shifting on level 3. I snapped some pictures and I got to take a GoPro video right before the battery died. Wish I knew I was going to the track so I could have charged it and got more videos.

I will be tracking the car again once I get my suspension on and other mods but for now the next track event I go to will probably be an airstrip event.

As soon as I figure out how to post the video I will post that as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 7