sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
I feel it lacks a little bit in volume, maybe thats the f15 being so isolated.
Yeah, I feel you, but that's always a fine balance between outside volume that sometimes may get too much and inside volume for driver - that is often not enough. Also, different moods can affect how you perceive MPE - often you want more, but on other days you are glad it's civilized and not like your neighbors Honda fart can

Back in e90 we could delete secondary cats and volume increased by 20% - was just perfect for those who had MPE and wanted a bit more volume. If 35i has secondary cats (not sure) then that's one easy option (you'll still have primaries so no issues with emissions)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
I feel it lacks a little bit in volume, maybe thats the f15 being so isolated.
Yeah, I feel you, but that's always a fine balance between outside volume that sometimes may get too much and inside volume for driver - that is often not enough. Also, different moods can affect how you perceive MPE - often you want more, but on other days you are glad it's civilized and not like your neighbors Honda fart can

Back in e90 we could delete secondary cats and volume increased by 20% - was just perfect for those who had MPE and wanted a bit more volume. If 35i has secondary cats (not sure) then that's one easy option (you'll still have primaries so no issues with emissions)
I think you right about balance. However a 20% more would have been perfect. Most of the time people don't even realize I have a performance exhaust unless I open the windows and give it some go, which is sad.

Regarding the 35i exhaust system it is a straight pipe from the muffler on, thats what I heard here and saw while witnessing the MPE install.
Appreciate 0