View Single Post
      05-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
KMA
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 X6M,'07 M6Conv,'18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
I'm dealing with this issue right now. I just picked up my new X5 last Friday and found out that the rear entertainment system doesn't come with IR headphones. I decided to buy some IR headphones on amazon over the weekend. I just received them today and still can't get them to pick up any audio even though i changed the channels on the headphones and so on. Does the new 2015 system allow IR headphones and why isn't it working? I purchased Power Acoustik HP12S IR headphones which seem to be pretty universal.

Any thoughts on this?? Pretty sad for over $2k they can't even include IR headphones like my old QX80.
I have an F16 X6 that I just got with the rear seat entertainment. Had two previous E71 X6's with RSE which used the IR headphones. The F15/F16 definitely do not use IR headphones anymore (as I found out through keeping my old ones). I have yet to figure out if they are Bluetooth or something proprietary. In the US, they retail for $200 each... but can find for $140-$160 at dealer websites or ebay. There is a "pairing" menu in the backseat RSE menu (which you can also get to from the idrive menu) since you have to pair the left and right separately if each kid you have in the back will watch a different source. I can post a pic later if you want to see it. I'm a little reluctant to drop this kind of money on headphones when the corded variety will cost $5-10 a piece... but still mulling it over.
Appreciate 0