View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #51
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
It's inevitable that people differ on the subjective aspects of a vehicle. What about the RRS? It's awesome too.
The new RRS looks better than the old one but to my eye (as you say - these things are very subjective) they always look like square boxes with no style at all. The evoque looks more interesting and it has influenced the new RRS but they're restricted by having to keep their square box lineage. Just big chunky slabs with nowhere near as much style as X5's and Cayennes. Dont know about the interior of the RRS but the when I've looked at the interior of a couple of range rovers in my street it looks so unimaginative and dull. Good quality and spacious but so is a bus. I'm pretty sure r&d history is nowhere near as good as BMW. In the uk I'm pretty sure their popularity is mainly based on snob appeal.

Give me a porsche any time over a range rover. Snob appeal with these as well but the style is why I like them. I love BMW but sadly this X5 is a disaster and the design team should be fired. All the other new bmw's are looking great but something went wrong with this one.

I think a porsche might be in line next time I'm due for a change.

Last edited by XZeb; 10-13-2013 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 0