View Single Post
      04-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #44
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Yes, it is possible as I've mentioned before - not sure what you aren't understanding. VO Coding is the only thing at work here and there were actual hardware differences. However, based on the non-glare high beam pdf I went over and posted, those differences proved to be irrelevant and not needed for the lights to function. The lights are not the same - they have different part numbers. I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. No one knew other ECUs were involved except the main ones that have been discussed for years that related to lighting: BDC_Body, Kafas, now LHM and TMS. Then, we dove deeper into the FDL coding differences. I had an idea of coding them all before last year but never thought what it would do because we didn't know how something that wasn't related to lighting could affect the lighting. However, the PDF explained it, and it makes more sense now. Everyone, not just you, knew that it was decoded on the build sheet. That is old news that other coders before me even knew when they started to mess around and actually make the glare-free coding work on the 5 series. Perhaps, as the updates came, they started throwing things into different ECUs on purpose. America and other countries keep getting screwed out of these features for no reason when Europe has 70% of the cheat sheet and all of these useful/functional features precoded. A lot of hard work went into figuring and testing things out leading up to this not just by me, but also by others.
Well lets see you mentioned in this very thread that I misunderstood about being able to code the anti-dazzle on 55.1 Version cars.... This is why I am confused still.. not to mention that I am not familiar with the coding of our cars and its process.

Additionally, I am not trying to claim that I knew about the lights being decoded first, I just made a comment about it few weeks ago since on my build sheet it had the comments that they were decoded and then someone responded that they were not the same hardware.
Appreciate 0