View Single Post
      06-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #386
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

Im not sure there's a problem with the steering, it is just naturally very very loose once the F15 is equipped with the M adaptive suspension. People on this forum complain about it all the time. I described it as a feel of constantly driving on ice - is that how you experience it aswell?

Anyways, I came here to post about my issues so far, 6 months in with a brand new F15 2016 25d

-Windshield gets destroyed by every single stone hitting it. Two weeks after picking it up during Swedish winter, the windshield was broken in tons of places. Three Days after replacing it in the spring, I got my first hole in the next windscreen. Before this, my last glass repair was in 2006.

-Fog light cracked up aswell. My BMW repair shop took a look and said it probably wasnt even a stone that did it - BMW fog lights are known to self-destruct. Impressive

-Coolant radiator is unprotected and looks like it's 20 years old already for the same reason as my wind shield. No leaks yet, as others here had, but Im just waiting for it to happend.

-RFT tires keep losing their balance. Despite being just 19 inch, they keep losing their balance. Sometimes they regain it, sometimes I have to rebalance them. And sometimes, very often actually, I have to clean the inside of the rims from even smaller chunks of mud.

-I get "drivetrain malfunction - maximal output not possible. See workshop" now and then for no reason. It clears if I let the car sit for a while. Dealer is going to take a look at it, but Reading on the internet, people had huge, long lasting and expensive issues with this.

Overall, I am not satisfied with the quality of this car. It is a 2016 and all bugs should be out, yet I've spent more time in the repair shop with this expensive toy than with all my other cars in the past 10 years. Looking forward going back to korean cars or something.
Appreciate 0