View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
milkyway
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d 15/X2 28i 18/MC Conv 06

Are all the repair and battery replacement covered without charging you a dime under 50,000 miles/4 years warranty and maintenance? Does the repair sheet say why the dealer changed the battery? There is SIB to replace the battery at least every other oil change, but it's is hit or miss, some dealers do, some don't. My 2015 35d is about 30K miles now and had 3 oil changes, but no battery replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda4461 View Post
Hello folks,
My 35d was purchased April 2016 as a new hold-over from late 2015. I drive 175 miles each day to/from work at 75mph. The X5 gets 32 mpg average, using ExxonMobil diesel. I just hit 40,000 miles on the odometer, and until now, the X5 had never been into the shop for repair, only oil changes and routine maintenance. The check-engine light came on and stayed on, so off to the dealer I went. They found #6 Fuel Injector failed, ordered a new injector and replaced it the following day. The repair sheet also listed a new battery. When I looked under the hood and did not find a battery, I assumed it was in the rear of the vehicle. I looked, and it must be well hidden.My X5 has 3rd row seating and run flat tires, so before I start trying to remove a bunch of the wrong fasteners and tear something up, can someone tell me exactly where in the rear the battery is located?
Thanks!
Amanda

Last edited by milkyway; 02-02-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0