View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #39
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
@opasha, I do remember greentrbo95gst test drove his neighbour's 5.0 with the Tune. Maybe he can chime in on the install.
Yeah, that's what he told me and said it was ridiculously fast - this gave me great hope. I asked about the install a couple days ago with no reply back. Right now, seems like the only fix is for me to find a local auto shop or see if Midas can do a system clear of the Drivetrain Malfunction.

This is the orange triangle error code that keeps being thrown as I start the car: "Drivetrain Malfunction: Maximum Drivetrain Output Not Available." Also, the CEL is also lit on the right side of the Odometer cluster. I looked it up in M5 forums and people were saying this error comes up a lot randomly with low fuel and engine mods. Is this true? My fuel is about 1/4 tank, so I know I need to fill up. Could this have anything to do with it? The car definitely drives sluggish so I know it's not getting the MAX power output. I also saw on the Sport Display dials that it does not go past 120- usually it can go all the way to 400+ if I floor it (Max is 480 on the dials). The tech at RaceChip said that this Drivetrain error in the system is what is preventing the car from using the RaceChip tune chip correctly.

Also, we tried both the pink and red connectors and the red connector was the one that fit. I remember you saying it was the pink, but it wasn't apparently. It was this:

@r33, @wdimagineer, do you guys know if this can be cleared via coding? Do you know how to if it's possible? My mechanic did use the OBD port to try to clear it with his little tablet. Thanks.

Last edited by opasha; 07-15-2014 at 02:49 AM..
Appreciate 0