View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 04:22 AM   #41
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

UPDATE:So, I called a few auto shops near me and no one has or knows anyone who has the software to reset the Drivetrain Malfunction error. They said only BMW has it since it's a 2014. The only way for me to take it there is to remove the tune . I'm now at my mechanic's about to remove it to see if the error will go away. I should have called RaceChip before doing anything. Everyone learn from my mistake and don't change the chip settings without asking RaceChip for your exact vehicle. Thankfully, the auto shop manager isn't charging for my mechanic to remove it because even he felt bad about my situation. At this point, I think I'm going to sell this chip and just wait for Dinan.

My mechanic wasn't coming in on time today so I ended up leaving because I've barely slept and need to catch up on sleep - have a busy day today as well. I'm going to take the car later today or tomorrow. What an experience.

As far as the feel of the car with the Drivetrain malfunction, it drives very shaky as if it wents to burst out power but isn't allowed to. The car literally shakes - I can feel the engine vibration as I slow/come to a stop. This is definitely not a good thing.

Last edited by opasha; 07-15-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0