07-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #100
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383
Proceeded to coding today for the first time ever... no rocket science, everything seems to have went smooth and sound. Went with easy stuff first and will test it out tomorrow (unlocked movie formats, DVD in motion, etc.) to make sure everything works as intended.

Now, onto some important notes I discovered at this stage.

1) The trunk actually opens and closes from the button inside the cabin (and I reckon via the key fob as well) in my vehicle - I didn't have to code it. Same goes for folding mirrors. I could assume same vehicles in UK have this enabled form the factory as well (since BMW's production of cars for CY is pretty much the same as for UK).
2) The auto stop'n'go function in F15 is located in a different place than F10/similar cheat sheets suggest. It's actually in BDC_BODY, 3023 TcMaster2 and called TCM_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF and TCM_MSA_MEMORY. Since I hate the stop'n'go in general and never use the Eco driving mode, I just coded in the DEFAULT_OFF (aktiv) leaving the MEMORY one as it is (nicht_aktiv). I kid you not i was screaming "YES" when I turned the ignition OFF/ON and the bloody stop'n'go was OFF from the start - no more forgetting to press the disable button.
That's awesome!

You know? I live in South Texas and we have summer 10months out if the year and we have 100 to 104F on a daily basis.
That being said, BMW should allow certain vehicles to have remote start, that is because the inside of the vehicle is super hot! And the AC takes about 5 minutes to cool the interior off... My sister had a baby and I was going to the doctor and the car was so hot that I had to let it cool for 5min and then get inside. I left my SUV on for 2 hours to ensure that when we got out of the doctor office, it would be fresh (baby is 30days old).

BMW, please add the start up by key because there are places with either too hot or too cold weather!!
Appreciate 0