Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I still can't get over how amazing the X6M looks to me.

Driving one must be a smile inducing experience, even after getting used to it over time.
I bet... but I can't get over the rear portion of the new X6 or X6M. I prefer the rear of the previous generation.
I know exactly what you mean. My first BMW was a 2009 X6 35i. Placed my order late 2008 and was handed the keys on Valentine's Day 2009. I was fascinated with the design of that car even after driving it for 4 years.

When the design of the F16/F86 started to pop up on the forum late 2014, I was planning on looking into picking up a CPO 2013-2014 X6M at the end of lease of the 650 GC I was driving when we all met in BK. I too had a hard time accepting the "broken" Scica line along the side of the new generation X6.

After a lot of back and forth during a thought process that took over half a year, lol, I decided to go for the newer model because I new the tech and features available would make the E71 seem so outdated.

It didn't take long for me to accept and even appreciate the lines of the latest generation X6. After building both the M and the 50i a few times, I ultimately chose the 50i over the M because I would never get my money's worth out of an M in and around the boroughs.

Hell, even after all this time I still get frustrated driving the 50i around with no room to play. She is way too over powered for any roads around here and I feel it in the gas pedal AND gas tank.