04-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #9
Twin Peaks
N00B
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i (F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiljain22 View Post
OP your car is 4 years old. Parts will age. Sensors will go out of sync. Unless broken or really out of sync by a lot, dealer won't do anything.
I had to make it such a big deal to have them fix a loud rattle in the driver door on my last service on the 750. Had to get the GM of the dealership involved. For a car that had retailed for over 100k, I told them I wasn't coming back and would want them to give me a printout that said customer reported xxx problems and no problems were found by the dealership, because if it breaks down 2 months later, I will have proof that I did report it and decline paying for diagnosis atleast. Same thing with a broken parking sensor that went on beeping everytime it rained, and there was no way to test so they just brushed me off. Etc. Etc.
Totally true about aging parts/sensors etc. Technically per the manufacturer service and warranty for our cars;

New Vehicle Limited Warranty:
Limited coverage for defects in materials and workmanship for 4 years/50,000 miles from the original in-service date, whichever comes first. Repairs will only be made at authorized BMW SAV centers using Original BMW Parts.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So far, I've been pretty optimistic/positive overall with the service and really don't have anything negative to mention other than they are super busy but that's business! I have requested that they do a review of each issue/consult with me prior to closing the work order since its the last 4yr/50k service on the car. I am assuming I will get a printout/receipt of everything discussed/checked off when I pick it up. I'll also do a walk around video on the car/condition of electronics/components including the seats when I pick it up which I hope will not include the seat crying out or rattling. I really hope they fix the seat and rattling, I don't want to escalate or go above anyone on my first service visit .

So did you ever get your issues resolved via the dealer or indy or yourself? Did you parts/components ever fail? How long ago was the incident?

Thanks!