View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 02:01 AM   #491
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

finally ran into the dreaded steering wheel issue where it would tilt up and down but not move in or out. i can hear the motor click when i push the adjustment knob, but the steering wheel would not move in or out, only up or down. tried tugging or pushing hard when pressing the knob, tried banging on the wheel and it would not move at all. i even left the car for a few hours and it still wont move at all. as a last resort, i remember how i had shut off the car before this issue cropped up and repeated that same procedure, and voila, it fixed itself.

i remember clearly how it happened, shut the engine off (1 push of the engine start button) but left accessory power on while i was sitting in the car. the accessory power was on until idrive shut itself off and went into sleep mode. i decided to do the exact same thing, shut the engine off and left accessory power on, waited until idrive went to sleep, restarted the engine, and now the steering wheel moves in all 4 directions. i think this is a bug in the software more than an actual physical issue where the steering column requires replacing in some peoples cases reported on the forums.
DuSh2113.50
F15GorDe261.00