Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Ditto for working. I just coded my 2014 to start in Sport mode & also remember the LAST mode by using the regular side of Bimmercode...you have to code both the BDC & the ICM modules for this coding selection to "work".

And I also went into the EXPERT side & coded the sport mode to be "individualized" or "selectable". I have the NBT and standard suspension...so sport mode was an all-or-nothing selection...in that when SPORT mode is selected the chassis (steering only with a standard suspension since there's no special suspension options) & drivetrain both kick in.

For those with the newer iDrive systems or if you have an adaptive suspension...your SPORT mode may already be capable of individualizing the sport mode by choosing chassis only, drivetrain only, or chassis & drivetrain.

For some, selecting to always start in sport mode may not be desire-able if you don't want the "hopped-up" engine/transmission/throttle parameters in city/urban driving conditions. But if you prefer the tighter steering feel of sport mode...if you select CHASSIS ONLY for sport mode...this can get rid of the lighter steering feel of the default COMFORT MODE...and not have the elongated shifts, higher RPM, and throttle changes that come with the "drivetrain" parameters of sport mode.

If your SPORT mode isn't selectable due to you having the standard suspension...you can go into the EXPERT mode of Bimmercode and code the individualization of sport mode. This is what I did this past weekend.
\
This is what my SPORT mode screen originally looked like...I could not make any selections...and the chassis & drivetrain parameters was the default and only selection:

After coding...the SPORT mode screen changed to the one below and gave me the option to make selections (individualize) the way SPORT mode behave:

The images below show what I changed in the HU-NBT (1 of 2 modules that require coding) to make the changes above that allowed me to configure my SPORT mode (individualize) so that I could select CHASSIS (only), DRIVE TRAIN (only), or both CHASSIS & DRIVE TRAIN.

I used the BIMMERCODE app & used EXPERT MODE to change settings in the HU-NBT & ICM control modules.

Changes made in the HU-NBT control module:

1. Go into HU-NBT module and select for 3001

2. You can scroll down through the selections to find it or use the SEARCH field and type MACRO_FDS

3. if your default selection says only_popup then change the selection to what is shown in the pic in #4 below

4. select popup_and_config
The images below show what I changed in the ICM module (2 of 2 modules that require coding) to make the changes above that allowed me to configure my SPORT mode (individualize) so that I could select CHASSIS (only), DRIVE TRAIN (only), or both CHASSIS & DRIVE TRAIN.
1.Open the ICM module then go into EXPERT MODE and select 300A DSC_ICM_Codierdaten

2. You can scroll down to find it or you can type SPORT into the search box to find the selections shown in the 2nd pic below {QdmKfvSport IndividualisierbarDEP}

3. if you see that NichtIndividualisierbar is selected, then change it to what is seen in the next pic below

4. Select Individualisierbar

Since I'm using esys I can't find the option to set sport as default. I was able to do what you showed and customize the sport setting. Do you have a screenshot of the set default options.. and which modules?
Appreciate 0