View Single Post
      12-05-2015, 05:32 AM   #31
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

Hey Jimmy - looks great. I've been debating the OEM 20" option but after reading a bit more I'm not sure I want to be plowing around on the scorpion dedicated snow tires for 4 or 5 months, with the poor handling that it sounds like they provide. The RS41s look awesome, and the much larger 315 year and staggered tires provide a better look as well. A couple questions - have you had a chance to check the handling yet? Is it comparable or reasonable compared to the stock 21" OEM PSS? I imagine you'll always lose a bit compared to any Summer tire...

Also, since I'm new to this vehicle and BMW, is the rotational diameter similar enough to stock to not throw codes? Did you do the install yourself? Same lug bolts? I can swap the wheels myself, but have had some issues in the past with ordering custom wheels (they were balanced but the weights fell off in transit, then had to visit the local tire shack and watch them like hawks so they wouldn't destroy the 6K wheels...). Did you have the tires and TPMS installed locally?

Lotsa questions! thanks again - Jon
Appreciate 0