View Single Post
      12-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #35
F85FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
All seasons DWS06 handles pretty well for the winter, a lot better than pure summer or pure winter when it's cold. It's not even a comparison when dried and warm to summers. The MPSS is stiffer and bites more during hard cornering. However, I haven't experience much sliding with the DWS06 in hard turns and acceleration.

The tires and TPMS were mounted by my BMW dealer. OEM lug nuts were used. As for tire diameter, it's the same as stock X5. It's technically the same tire size as the E70/F15 X5 with staggers 20s - same rotation diameter front and rear. No code issues at all.
Have you tried the Pirelli winter performance tires? They handle awesome for a winter tire and im sure BMW supplies the winter wheel package with Pirelli winter performance tires for a reason. Whatever they are giving up in handling they more than gain in winter snow/ice traction. I have driven the DWS extensively and while they handle snow with ease they are not so great on ice or packed snow where the true winter tires with softer rubber and tread siping will grab the ice much better. In tire rack testing it took the DWS 49 feet to stop from 12mph on ice versus 34feet for the Pirelli tire that's a big difference basically the length of the truck for every 12mph.

Last edited by F85FTW; 12-07-2015 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 1