View Single Post
      12-12-2016, 04:02 AM   #20
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-X5 View Post
ahh, got it. So someone at ESYS is having to do a manual mapping between cryptic numbers/codes to plain english/german readable names for the settings?

All is not lost, I was able to get the following coded

Turnsignals in the HUD
Lane Departure Warning in the HUD
Dazzle Headlight FA/VO Code (though I think i need to do some additional FDL coding to get this to work)
Auto fold side mirrors when locking car
Auto unfold side mirrors at lower speed
Fold passenger side mirror further down during reverse
Illuminate pathway lights when in reverse
Turn off Seatbelt reminder and chime (thank GOD)

Things I still want to code

Turn off OBD2 Alarm
Close Trunk liftgate from key fob
Triple Blink turnsignal increase to 5 blink (actually coded this but it didn't work)
E-sys was created by ESG. CAFD are trimmed for a number or reasons, but Tokenmaster fixed by labeling in realtime.

Turn off OBD2 alarm & closing tailgate with keyFOB can be done. Triple blink no longer works for newer firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
AFAIK your headlights need to be swapped for euro units to actually get the proper anti dazzle working. Coding is only part of that battle.
Nope. That is only true for F22's and F3x's with FLE.

Quote:
So continuing on the coding journey, got into a situation last night. Tried to code angel eyes to 100% brightness. The result was a bit odd

With headlights off, the left set of angel eyes was at 100% but the right set was at stock brightness

With headlights on, the left set were at stock brightness but the right set were at 100%

I gave up trying to figure it out and VO coded BDC_BODY to get back to default settings. Didn't fix it.

Anyone seen this?
VO Coding sets factory values. Angel eyes are set to 100% for DRL's. They are set to dim with low beams, but coding can be changed in FLE modules so this does not occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty91ss View Post
I really like some of your ideas, really hope BMW makes changes:

Signal light: 5 blinks instead of 3. Or at least have your own option.
HUD: Signal light in HUD, can't see it on the dash, steering wheel blocks it.

I would like to see:

M2 button. Option to shut off radio. My M2 button I keep for racing.

I also hate that once I back up, my center screen changes back to main menu. Would really like it to stay on my last screen.
HUD blinkers are does not work if you have 6WB digital dash or F2x/ F3x/ F8x (M3/M4). It may be possible to remap buttons but you can also use voice commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to code surround view to be the default when the car is being maneuvered at parking speeds (or the parking sensor is manually selected)? This was standard on my wife's X3 and I much prefer it.
Depending on firmware, last view is default. For others, it always reverts to rear cam.

Quote:
Turns out you are right. I fixed it another way that taught me something about the 2017s

The instructions to FDL code BDC_BODY to change Angel Eye brightness is incorrect. I think it prob was correct for F15s without LED headlights. For us, you have to code FLE43 and FLE44. if you follow the instructions to code for Euro Anti Dazzle, your angel eyes will go to 100%. I haven't figured exactly which FDL value it is within FLE43/44 but I know it is one of the 79 values coded after the first 22 in the PDF instructions.
There is separate coding for 100% corona rings with low beams. It is listed on F15 Cheat Sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
Has anyone figure out how to get rid of the amber on the corner of the beadlights?
Yes, getting rid of amber sidemarkers is also controlled by FLE.
Appreciate 0