View Single Post
      12-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Self healing suspension in x5

I was driving about 40mph in city and my suspension bottomed out at the dip that connected 2 roads. Apparently there was a temporary warning sign somewhere, but I failed to see it. That dip was basically an inverted speed bump so to speak). Front suspension bottomed out - was pretty loud thump noise when heavy front of my x5 landed down after a small jump coming out of that dip.
One day later creaking noise started from front passenger side. 2 weeks later noise is gone lol. I made an appointment at dealership since they offer a complimentary checkup, but I suspect some bushings - possibly front sway bar bushings slightly rotated in place after suspension bottomed out - and started creaking. 2 weeks later they probably break-in at the new position and noise is gone. I don't know what else to think about it. Went today to local shop to check suspension and everything seems fine.

Also while car was on hoist I checked for any gasket leaks and couldn't find any. My dealership checkup is on Thursday, but I literally have no issues. 2014 50i abused and tuned and still not a single issue. I still don't feel it's as reliable as some Japanese cars I owned, but it's pretty damn close to that - or as close as a V8 German SAV can get.

Happy Holidays everyone
Appreciate 3
HJ478.00
BimmerTy195.50