John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw
congrats John!
just a bit more on the seats please...
So are you ok with the standard seats or not?
I am currently contemplating between dakota and nappa...I like dakota (Mocha), but for whatever reason BMW is not making comfort seats with dakota mocha so if I want comfort seats, I need to upgrade to Nappa...not a big favourite choice as Nappa seems to be very soft and sensitive especially around kids...not to mention the extra $$ I need to cough out!
So I have currently settled for the standard seats as I want the dakota mocha...but I just don't want to be feeling sorry and wishing I had gone for the comfort seats,,,
what's your take?
Hey!
The Dakota this generation is miles better than the last generation. Some people said the Dakota is looser than the last gen but like I said earlier, it helps make it feel softer for sure.

Yeah like the other poster said, it's something you should try out. I prefer sportier vehicles therefore MC seats really help grips the body during sharp or even normal turns. That said, I don't have an issue with the standard seats at all. Took it for an extended highway drive today and at no point did I think it was not good. It was comfy.

Only reason I would go MC for this car is if I were to drive super aggressive like I do in my M3, and for the aesthetics of the MC seats. I love the pop out front thigh support look lol.

I hope it helps. It's a hard one to describe lol. I don't think it's something you would regret either way. To me, steering wheel is more important.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0