Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
someguy, you can refer to http://www.burgertuning.com

atomic80, it is not for everybody.
But, it is like jailbreaking an iPhone or rooting an Android. It may void the warranty, but you get the most out of what you are paid for. I said "may" because the dealer won't know when you removed it. Same as the iPhone and Android, just restore it and they won't know if it has been jailbreaked or rooted.
Just a warning on the last point- removing the piggy back won't preclude BMW from seeing - should they look- much higher than requested boost levels/more aggressive timing in the vehicles logs. Sure, it's not a smoking gun, but if they wanted to make an example out of someone running a piggy back (even if it had been removed), they probably could.
Yea, they will look into it.
Bunch of lazy people working at the stealership.
Brought in my F10 with JB4 Stage 1 triggered "Drivetrain Malfunction" a few times. I removed the JB and bring the car in, after couple days diagnosing, they said the MAF sensor went bad, so they replaced it.
Then first week in my F15, DME failure, but at first they just come to the conclusion that it was the HPFP.
Whenever I asked them what shows in the log, all they said, "nothing, everything is normal".
Moral of the story, if they don't see the mods, they can't blame it on the mods. But if they see some small mod, such as drop in K&N air filter, they can always use it as an excuse to cover their end.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0