08-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #35
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
This is inaccurate. A tune will not void your warranty. Legally, BMW can only deny specific warranty claims IF you have a problem AND they can pin it on the tune (blown charge pipe, prematurely warn valve springs, etc.).

That said, MPPK for me. I just don't think a piggy-back is sophisticated enough to be slapped on to our Bosche DMEs.
BMW new engines are still works the same as the older generation of engines.
They just encrypt the DME with a new encryption system where no one are able to crack it yet. Not even DINAN (who supposedly, part of BMW already) got an access to the ECU. It could be for security and reliability reason.
But, that doesn't make a piggy-back system is not sophisticated enough to work flawlessly and worth something.
Even DINAN finally gave up on trying to crack the DME and decided to jump on board with the rest of the piggy back market.
While MPPK, what I've heard, is just a code, a sticker, and a badged engine cover. So, if that is the case, someone sooner or later will be able to crack that code and MPPK will be free for all. Or maybe some hacker will sell them for half the price the dealer charge you.
Oh, my point is, BMW new encrypted highly sophisticated DME, doesn't change on how BMW new engines work. It is still an engine. Piston, fuel, air, spark, bang, there the smoke and power through the wheel.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0