View Single Post
      06-07-2023, 08:55 AM   #1
destroy26
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i

Eibach Pro Kit on Non-Air Suspension F15 X5

About a month ago I had the Eibach Pro Kit installed on my 2017 X5 35i (without Air Suspension) and I wanted to share my progress/experience with the forum.

During my period of research prior to deciding to go with Eibach, I found an abundance of posts related to X5's with the rear Air Suspension, but a very low amount of posts specific to those X5's without the rear Air Suspension. For those unaware, usage of the Eibach Pro Kit differs based on the presence (or lack thereof) of the rear Air Suspension, thus the reasoning behind this post.

For X5's with rear Air Suspension, the front springs from the Eibach Pro Kit can be used to lower the front ONLY, however in order to accomplish lowering for the rear, you would need to source adjustable lowering end links not included in the Eibach Pro Kit. If you aren't sure whether your X5 has Air Suspension or not, F15 X5's with the optional third row of seating have the rear Air Suspension while the Two Row (non 'M' spec) variants do not, unless spec'd with Air Suspension when originally ordered from the factory. In order to truly check, decoding your VIN is your best bet.

For X5's without rear Air Suspension, the Eibach Pro Kit consists of two pairs of lowering springs. One for the front and one of the rear.

My 2017 X5 without Air Suspension had the Eibach Pro Kit installed on May 10th and the following replies contain progress updates over a 1-month time period.

My hope for this post is that it will serve as a reference for any F15 owner without Air Suspension that is considering the Eibach Pro Kit as a means of achieving a mild drop.

Prior to Install

View post on imgur.com

Prior to install, my stock ride height on 19 inch Conti Run Flats was as follows:

Front: 32 inches (Ground to Fender)

View post on imgur.com

Rear: 32.5 inches (Ground to Fender)

View post on imgur.com

Immediately Following Install

View post on imgur.com

Immediately following install, my ride height on 19 inch Conti Run Flats was as follows:

Front: 31.5 inches (Ground to Fender)

View post on imgur.com

Rear: 32 inches (Ground to Fender)

View post on imgur.com

Post Install Impressions

Ride is slightly different. It's hard to put my finger on, but it feels like the amount of body roll has been decreased and that there isn't as much bounce and "float" to the ride.

Last edited by destroy26; 06-07-2023 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Appreciate 2
Plus116.50
tfunk88202.50