View Single Post
      04-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #7
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
I have been running at 03 per your suggestion for the last 2500 miles. Did you see a big difference between 03 and F3? I have not run these settings in any hot temps yet and want to avoid CELs. F3 is the recommended Performance Level 2 setting in their manual so I was thinking of dropping to that to be safe but remember reading that you thought the throttle response was much better in the 0 setting. What do you think.
Hi

Two things here. First, I didn't like the sound of the engine at F3 as it was my opinion the fuel timing was too advanced and I was hearing the pinging of pre-ignition. When I turned it back, the noise went away.

As for the second point, I specifically asked Paul at RC customer service about the F3 recommendation and he said RC would never recommend that setting. I said I heard it was in writing and he said, not from RC - it may have come from a reseller, but not RC. Since I have never seen how this was written, I couldn't specifically speak to it. Do you have a copy of the recommendation? It would be interesting to send it to Paul for his opinion and get this cleared up.