View Single Post
      05-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
His choices were to go left onto the center divider and possibly go over and get hit by traffic going the other way or crashing into the minivan on the right. That is not his fault. Most humans would have not have the reactions to make a decision like this
His other choice was to slow down and be able to have time to react and brake. I didn't say it was his "fault". I'm saying he could have done something to either avoid the incident or mitigate the damage. Based on the still frame of his bike on the ground and him on the trunk, I saw the forks bent. It takes some significant force to bend fork tubes.

What's being lost by many of you all is as a rider, we're making a conscious decision to get on the road with a lot less protection around us. This is one of the reasons why riders call cars cages. With all the idiots on the road that don't take driving seriously, it's that much more important we as riders do what we can to minimize situations like this. There are situations where someone can be doing everything right but still get involved in an incident. But that's definitely not what I see here.

And I'll state this one more time. The "fault" of the incident isn't on the rider. But the rider could have done some things to minimize the damage or to avoid it all together.
Appreciate 2