View Single Post
      11-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
SUV55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35D

I knew DHP with 20's was going to be a substantial upgrade, but I underestimated just how good. It really is a different animal with DHP, it drives smaller, tighter, is more nimble, corners, dare I say, perfectly flat yet gives an extremely smooth ride in comfort mode with 20's. What it brings to the table is a merging of ML comfort when you want it and Cayenne like handling in windy roads when you need it.

In Comfort...all the way up to Sport+ the active roll wil
keep it flat, with varying degrees of bump smoothing/absorbing abilities.

Not sure which options are necessary to trigger this, but in Sport and Sport+ the steering wheel becomes very heavy and tight feeling with a better perception of the road. No it's not hydraulic, but it's fairly good when you are in the mood for that heavy steering feel. The key factor with DHP is that the drivetrain is also independently adjustable to the suspension so the tighter steering can be used more often if it is preferred. This is not so with the base or M Sport suspension.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the base sprung suspension it does everything well and has no servicing headaches, but if you want adjustability then the magnetic suspension or better yet DHP is the way to go.

DHP is truly remarkable and certainly adds to the feeling that BMW has not gone "soft".

Last edited by SUV55; 11-23-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0