03-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #16
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
I guess I would be in the minority to say that I prefer the all red look (with exception of the reverse clear). I think it looks much cleaner. It's funny, whenever there is a differentiation in design between USDM, EDM, JDM, etc., people always end up wanting what is not domestic to them.
Outside of US, BMW has all-red (hold reverse) lenses that produce amber colored turn-signal light. Look is simple, function more robust.

For me, it is purely a safety matter that has been substantiated by DOT studies, not wanting something that is different. With the BMW X5 it is especially bad because the red turn signal is the same bulb as the brake light -doing double duty). If at minimum, a different (corner) would blink red while you had a separate red brake light, it would somewhat better. Mercedes GL is all red, but with separate bulbs for each function, for instance.

Last edited by MattBianco; 06-04-2015 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0