Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
Anyone here actually owns a Cayenne Turbo 2012+? Let's hear your opinions and not people who hate cayenne simply because it's pricey and a little slower! Porsche owners rarely talk about BMW. It's not the case with BMW owners
I sold my 2012 Cayenne turbo a few months ago as it ran out of warranty. I don't have experience with the new X5M but the turbo was more confidence inspiring than the last X5M that I drove.

Also another important factor that most people don't consider is the off road ability. Cayennes are very capable in the sand, and most people here in UAE who buy SUV's (including myself) prefer to take them off road, and taking an X5 or X6 for dune bashing is simply asking for trouble. In fact all the other cars in that comparison test (LRRRSSVR, GLE and Cayenne) are better off roaders than the X5/6.

I personally wouldn't buy one because I don't believe in "SUVs" that are never meant to leave the road. There are better purpose built sports cars for that. Maybe the American perspective on things is different. Just my two cents.
The X5M comes with very wide summer tires. It's not going to get far on sand and snow. Switch the tires out, then you will have a fair comparison. It's no RR off-road, but it should take any VW products with similar tires.

As for SUVs, I bought it for speed, practicability, and safety. In the US, there are a lot of trucks on the road. You don't want to get T-boned in small car.

My brother is an ER doc, he also drives an X5 after seeing many fatal car crash cases gone through his hospital.