08-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
F15 has a bit more "comfort" feel to the handling. I mean it's not as direct as E70. For me it's good as I am in my 40s now and I'm looking for power with comfort, but it depends what are you looking for? I would say X5M (old generation) is a better handling machine of course, but it's more expensive and at that price point f15 is a more preferable choice - newer, much better interior, more reliable, BUT more expensive too (compared to E70). So it all depends on how much are you willing to pay or finance imho.

IMHO the only worthy contender to f15 x5 is a Audi Q7 and even that is not as agile as x5, not as fast as x5 and so on. Then there's Porsche Cayenne Turbo of course, but that's another price category. I think if you can afford f15 - it would be best overall choice. You'll probably need to upgrade suspension, but that's the only issue I'm having with my f15 x5. Suspension is way too comfy. A good set of coilovers or a lowering springs may make it a more "ideal" SUV

I don't know much about E70, but when I test drove one - it was day and night difference compared to f15. After that test drive I excluded E70 completely. But then again, if you like it and price is right - it's still better than majority of bland SUVs out there on the market. I test drove new Lexus RX and it felt like a bus - big disappointment. BMW got softer lately, but it's still way above the rest (well at least majority of them)
Just my 2c
I just drove the new Q7 and it felt very nimble and smooth. IMO Q7 felt faster, and more direct than f15. It had a nice balance in steering feel. It felt like a perfect middle between e70 and f15. F15 did feel much more refined compared to e70; however, e70 felt so familiar to my e92.

f15 are dipping in low 30's so the price is not really an issue.
Appreciate 0