View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

'Tis the season... another new owner.

Just picked up our early xmas present yesterday and couldn't be happier!

We were cross-shopping the usual suspects - ML, Q7, Cayenne, and X5.
ML - really thought the ML would be the one since staying in the family would be nice (my DD is a C300). Turns out familiarity != excitement. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't evoke a "this is the ONE" reaction.
Q7 - just too bland; feels a bit dated; nixed quickly
Cayenne - love the new LCI body, but just couldn't pay the premium for what was left in stock
X5 - what can I say that you all don't already know? Fast-fwd to the details. Was starting to see what 2015 xDrive 35d cars were in stock at the two local dealers. Wanted the extra mpg as well as the torque. Was just starting the process and wasn't in a hurry when I ran across a new 2014 xDrive 35i with basically everything I'd want and nothing didn't. It was being advertised at 10% of MSRP, obviously due to it being a remaining 2014. It was a Carbon Black M-Sport. I definitely didn't want a black car as my DD is also black. Being religious about maintaining my cars meant I'd be signing myself up for a ton of extra work vs the silver XC90 we traded in. The car was ~1hr away, but we went down to see it in person anyway. Upon doing so and driving it, we were sold. Interestingly enough, it was the color that actually helped push things over the edge. Carbon Black looks *blue* in the sunlight. We both noticed it right away and thought that really set it apart. Deal was done after a not-so-painful negotiation.

xDrive 35i
MSport
Premium
Cold Weather
Driver Assist
Lighting Pkg
H/K Audio

Looking fwd to gaining some very useful knowledge and contributing where I can. Biggest challenge now will be fighting the itch to mod it.

Quick pic during the 5-min break we got from the torrential rain. Will post better pics when the weather clears and I can detail it. I know a full 3-step detail is already needed. I noticed some HORRIBLE holograms as the car was being pulled up for us after being prepped for delivery.

Appreciate 0