Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I honestly dont get all these conspiracy theories, they followed their original plan.. lead car pits first. I dont see what Ferrari did to take the win away from Kimi. Vettel was in clean air and put out a few really good laps, cant blame him.

Of course, Hamilton is going to be the one spreading these rumors. He wants to stir up some drama between Seb and Kimi..
Key word last weekend, "over-cut".
Both Vettel and Riccairdo were able to do fast laps with the "durable" ultra-soft, while others spend more time to heat up the super-softs and make them work.

Kind of reminiscent to Australia, the more time spend of faster tires and overcut those who pitted earlier.

If Kimi felt comfortable and was able to do fast laps with the ultra-soft, he should've stayed longer, but I think I recall Kimi starting to run into back-markers and Verstappan and Bottas pitted. Thus the Ferrari engineers afraid of under-cut and thus pitted Kimi to cover them, at least that will ensure Kimi came out ahead of them.

I also recall I heard from Ted's notebook (?) that original simulation from teams suggested Kimi strategy was indeed the faster one. Maybe I was wrong.

It will be a bigger controversy if Kimi came ahead of Vettel after pit window, then on the last 10 laps made RAI to move over for VET. (Like when they did to Massa 7 years ago in Hockenheim with Alonso)
This time is more down to VET was able to make ultra softs works better and longer for him.
Yes, Kimis strategy was suppose to be the faster one.

I know what happen, I just dont see why everyone is making such a huge deal about it. Hamilton has been spreading it, it does feel like he is trying to stir up some drama between Kimi and Seb.