View Single Post
      09-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
I'm looking for a set of 21" Forged wheels with pure factory offsets, etc. Strength is my biggest concern since the factory wheels are so beefy and you never read that they bend, etc. (This is a BIG problem with factory Corvette wheels). Second benefit would be some weight loss. Looks like a properly designed forged wheel would drop 40lbs of rotational weight.....that is a lot.

So, I'm between buying a set of 612's and add a custom powder coat and keep the weight penalty or a nice forged set.

Which brand would you buy ? Do you think they are as strong as a factory set ?
I went with Vossen!! After talking to someone who has been in the wheel industry for a long time and representative in the US of several European brands, he directed me towards Vossen. Also the team at Vossen who is is based locally in Miami was amazing through the process.

There quality is amazing..they are manufacturing now some wheels for manufactures like Novitec, Urban Automotive among others. That should say enough!

I highly recommend them!! If you go forged they will be made custom to your vehicle so you will be able to select the off set you like.

A
Appreciate 0