Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicros View Post
Just got the RC ultimate, any gotchas for installation? They say it takes 15 minutes, but I've seen a couple threads around here where they say it takes muuuuch longer. Any personal experiences to share?

And what is the dummy plug for trips to the dealer?
The RC installation on the 50i is not complicated, but it is not a 15 minute job either. Follow RGSports installation instructions and you'll be fine. Some things that caught me by surprise:

1.) Even after removing all the bolts, it takes a good bit of upward pressure to remove the lower air box. Apply pressure at the forward most left and right corners.

2.) Reaching/squeezing the plug on the passenger side can be a bit of a struggle.

Take your time an make the installation neat. I zip tied the cables to existing cables and hid them where I could. Also, you might as well set the RC to setting "C" before you even begin.

The dummy plug is used in place of the RC "brain" to return the vehicle to stock performance. If you leave it in the vehicle, a dealership can still see it and will know you have a piggyback tune. I always remove mine completely for any service that involves opening the hood.