View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #18
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Previous X6 looked incredibly elegant compared to this.

Chrome around the grill looks undesigned... as if they just decided to make the trim thicker without adding shape to it. Compare to 4 series "3D grill" (as BMW likes to call it)--it's designed and well proportioned with the car. Here is just looks odd.

The headlights going into the grill and the thick eyebrows - again, proportions are off, makes the front end look heavy. Previous X6 was actually elegant in lighting design. I remember when photos were released everyone praised it for having the front face that the X5 always should have, and then ///M agreed and put the X6 front fascia onto the X5 M.

Rear lights have been made larger and wider--all I have to say is: why.

The interior on the other hand is remarkable, at least from photos. Looks premium from inch to inch.

The exterior just looks like they took the old car and plastered on BMW's new visual design cue's (headlights that extend to grill, 3D grill, eyebrows, heavy sculpting) and just slammed them onto this car with zero finesse.

This is why people are complaining.