03-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #44
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider View Post
That is simply absurd. No manufacturer is going to sell a vehicle with no interface for 95%+ of the vehicle settings, options, nav, radio, etc. If I had a salesman pitch that to me, I would have just walked away on the spot.
First off, I bought 4 cars from this dealership in the past 2 years. I know everyone from the service manager to the general manager by first name basis. This is a very credible dealership, that's why they've earned my business as long as I'm living in Kansas City. I'm a salesman myself, so you don't have to educate me on salesman tactics.

The sales team at this particular dealership is very well trained, and knows their stuff inside and out. When he says "future" plans, he doesn't mean tomorrow. It "could" be an option, to opt out the screen and have the iPAD docking station instead. Look at the new 3 series and 6 series screen closer; measure the width, and then measure your iPAD.

Think about this, a typical businessman carries an iPAD everywhere nowadays. Flown first class lately? Most of them have an iPAD out above 10,000ft. If you have an iPAD and carry it around everywhere; then why would you want to pay $2k for a low resolution navigation screen? Instead, offer an iPAD docking station with the appropriate App to interface with the car. Your music, address book, maps, etc. go with you wherever you go.

Seen a base model Toyota Camry lately? It comes standard with "Entune," which allows you to download an app to your smart phone to interface with the car (yes, the screen is also standard). Yet, you're telling me it is absurd or a pipe dream for a $60k luxury car??? I'm very optimistic about this one.

By the way, you don't need a screen to change temp, radio station, know how fast you're going, work the headlights, etc. I had a non-Navi E90 once, no screen there.
Attached Images

Last edited by JNoSol; 03-18-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0