09-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #119
brandonsim
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive40e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post
I took the knee bolster challenge. It was necessitated, in my opinion, after changing out the trim to carbon fiber, where there are no corresponding center console pieces. Due to availability, I went with the X5M nappa/gray stitching combo. The napa actually works really well with the leather dash, and I'd go as far as to say I actually prefer it even though the seats/armrest are dakota. If I didn't have a leather dash, I'd say X6 dakota would be the obvious choice...but zero regrets on this front. With regards to stitching, I would prefer black...but it's the wife's car, and she loves how the gray provides an accent and pulls from the carbon fiber and requested I leave as-is. I was intending to do the "sharpie" dye you'll find on youtube...pretty easy if you want these pieces and want black stitching. Both attributes are subjective, but I really like how it turned out.

Install is pretty straightforward, but I found the passenger side to be a lot more difficult when installing the knee bolsters. I ended up pulling away the trim below it (also held in by clips) and it gave me just enough room to manipulate and get the bolster in place.

Does your front carbon trim comes with bottom alcantara? I cannot really tell from the picture. Is your gear shifter carbon trim as well?
Appreciate 1
1230vani660.00