View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #23
fantaxp7
Rep
Drives: 2014 xDrive50i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab's View Post
which version was it?
Mine works pretty well for me so far, I use Spotify without issue, audio is through the bracket, not with audio input, and quality is good, interface is fast, integration with idrive works great.
You also have to load another launcher to make the experience enjoyable, I find the original one horrendous.
I think it was the second version. I believe they may have made a third.I had the CIC version idrive. The audio connection is huge. The low quality chip on the headunit made for a terrible experience.

Yes I tried a few different launchers, most had their problems as well. Anyways, if you check out other threads from other forums there are a number of people discussing issues with these.

Some people do find the sweet spot though where it all comes together and is a nice upgrade. I personally got frustrated with a number of the small things, biggest of which was audio quality and non optimized apps.

Another example is google maps and spotify are not really great to use without touching the screen and even then the font is very small, not adjustable and becomes cumbersome and dangerous to operate while driving. These non-optimized apps sort of break the integration with using the idrive knobs....some of it worked some of it didn't and not having the fluidity between the two bothered me.

Anyways, if you enjoy it then great. And maybe they've made some good advancements with the f15 units.Perhaps the android auto would help a lot too with the experience.

Just wanted to throw in my .02 cents.
Appreciate 1
Fab's51.00