View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #3981
sak83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50D on order

Nice fleet, it's interesting to hear your thoughts on the macan in comparison to the x5. I do think bmw do a good on ergonomics. I was considering a macan but it was too small for my needs but it would make a nice second car in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Washed and waxed to within an inch....plus The Wife's new Macan.

We took the Macan out west without for a week in Cornwall and it does drive better than the X5. Its fast, boy is it fast - because the cabin is so quiet compared with the F15 you you have to pay close attention to the speedo, REALLY close attention.

I found it's smaller inside than the F15 and the various buttons and leavers you have to press and push make it distracting - not a patch on the iDrive. AND you need to put a 'key' in the dash..wot!!!!

The Porsche sales guy is trying to convince me to try the new Cayenne when its released...I am now sorely tempted, if only they would loose the chrome and it's inherent bling.

But it sticks to the road like glue...great for running around but not a car (I) would drive long distances in.....having said that, The Wife LOVES IT!
Appreciate 1
Baunton319.50