Thread: Body roll
View Single Post
      05-17-2022, 12:43 PM   #44
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Apparently the Wagner Intercooler is giving me a lot of hell. For one, I couldn't install it the way they had those mounting tabs designed. It would totally eliminate the bottom plastic girdle and I refuse to do it. And the way I had it installed, it leaves the intercooler just clickity-clackity, clunking noises every time I go over bumps. I'd imagine for my case it's worse since I now have stiffer suspension setup by lowering and sway bar upgrades. I did try to use a bunch of 1-2 centimeter thick pads to cushion it in place which helps. But this morning while going to work, piping to the intercooler popped out. I'm left with a N/A car and a nice engine light on the dash. And idling has been sporadic. Forgot to bring my Carly Scanner, but I'm quite sure it's a A/F mixture error where MAF/MAP don't read what they are supposed to. If anything I'd suspect the car is running in open loop or some sort of safe mode. I hope I can make it home on a 22-mile drive this afternoon. But I'm planning to swap in the original intercooler for the time being.

By the way, thanks for confirming your boost levels. It helps me confirm many things. And after this I plan to take it to stage 2 on MHD and call it. My turbo has a different compressor wheel, I think it can boost a tad more than stock, but 22psi is plenty of ponies for me.
Appreciate 0