Thread: 13
View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 07:33 AM   #99
04mazdaspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

I suppose another reason I just don't do leases is I never buy brand new. I don't get the appeal unless you have to have the latest and greatest. I always save thousands buying a car that's 2 years old or older with low miles over new. I financed my 15 z06 last year with 2k miles on her for 71k. They go for what over 100k new? Why would I want to lease a new one and have to give it up in 3 years? Granted its my toy car along with my 135i so both don't see many miles. My daily sees about 20k miles a year so again leasing even if I wanted to is out of the question. 100k miles these days isn't like cars from 10yrs ago. They are still babies at that mileage. Also, being truly financially smart would be to own that depreciating asset one day and keep driving it until it finally is done for. Constantly having a payment is debt. No other way around it. Same is for financing I agree but yet one day it will be paid off and I can turn around and sell it. If you enjoy having a payment forever then more power to ya but you cant say leasing is the smarter financial move either.