Thread: 13
View Single Post
      11-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #100
04mazdaspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

My intentions wasn't to ensue any arguments either. I couldn't care less how people spend their money but to pay out what is basically a decent mortgage every month on something that you will never own just to keep doing it every 2 or 3 years is definitely not my definition of financially smart. Now maybe these people that are doing it are making over 500k a year and couldn't care less but I sure as hell don't. Me and my wife are very fortunate to make a very good income but at the same time, financial independence is always the goal. I hate owing somebody anything. Now that doesn't mean I don't finance things but I make sure its paid off reasonable quick. Same could be said for people that choose to finance their home for 30years and instead of paying extra, they choose to bank it in stocks. Not for me. I choose sense of security over gaining money any day, especially in this day and age. To me I think its classier to say I own what I have vs having a brand new leased car in my driveway every couple years. To each his own I suppose.