View Single Post
      02-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #102
Ikinos
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive25d

xdrive25d

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm counting down the days to the arrival of my x5. In reply to the question asked, did "I not try the 30d" the answer is no; there was no 30d available to try. In Ireland there are not too many new x5's on the roads and very few earlier generation models. I don't believe it has sold too well here giving the purchase cost and the associated costs of fuel, VRT and road tax.

If I were to be living in the UK, my x5 with the same added options would be costing me €14,600 less to buy. The vast majority of 4x4's on the road here would be the likes of Hyundai, Kia and Toyota with very few x5's to be seen. By far the best selling model for BMW in Ireland has been the 5 series. New car sales here aren't what they used to be compared to back in the days before recession set in.

I must have a look into that "chip" that was mentioned. I can see with some scepticism however, the potential of its use on the likes of a 30d straight six to increase the engines output to a 35d, but would have reservations for its success on a four cylinder that is already at max output. The last 5 series I had was a 525d, which I believe is the same engine that is in the 530d except that it is retarded down.

Nevertheless, I look forward with great excitement to the arrival of my new xdrive25d, I'm sure she will surpass all of my expectations and won't disappoint.
Appreciate 1