03-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #13
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Just took delivery of my new X5 35d with M-Sport package. I opted for the Thule Aero profile bars, and then chose the style that ends at the mount (rather than running through, which gives you an extra few inches on either side but looks terrible. Thankfully, these bars are also available in black instead of onlye clear anodized, so they look great.

Then I went with the Thule Flow cargo box. It's low profile, all black, and wraps around the Aero bars nicely. I was also told that this model is German-manufactured and is the quietest one in their line when empty.

The Thule dealer didn't think it would work, but I was able to offset the cargo box and still fit a bike rack, but it did work! Thule ThruRide 535, mounted in reverse, fits beautifully and holds the Cervelo P2 flawlessly. Perhaps not all bikes would fit - fork clearance might be an issue - but mine does, and I've driven 500km with it on three separate trips. The fork mount also locks the bike to the rack.

The fork mount, trunk, and rack itself all share a common key thanks to my Thule dealer.

Nice , is it on HWY7 and Weston ???
Appreciate 0