Thread: Blown Motor
View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
bluelodge400
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M-C, '19 Cayenne Turbo

Opasha
WOW, Thank you for all your help! That is some great information. You are definitely a wealth of knowledge. Repurchase would be ideal but I would be happy with BMW replacing it with exactly what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
That's really unfortunate about your vehicle . I hope it gets fixed properly. I don't blame you for not pulling over in rush hour, especially considering safety; I'm glad your car did not shut down and you made it home safely - that was probably a 50/50 risk by pulling over vs. not pulling over.

This stupid light has come on in almost every single one of our vehicles and has gone away after a few minutes to hours and never returned. Of course when I looked it up, I had worries as well because it can be caused by just about anything, which is pretty worrisome and ridiculous.

Here's some info to help you in regards to California Lemon Law taken from this thread for a problematic: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646669.

"That's a great question.

Repurchase is easy. Done on the phone with BMWNA rep. You get a check and it's all over. Advantage? Quick, & you can shop other brands or renegotiate with BMW dealer. You have some leverage here (loss of time, hassle, etc., etc.) - use it if you can.

Replacement- from what I've been able to gather, in California law, BOTH you and BMW have to agree to a replacement. You, by yourself, don't get to decide that one. Who in the BMW gives the green light to a replacement? My guess is whoever in the BMW chain of command, starting with the dealer, you can convince to go along with you.
If you tend to pay sticker for your cars, the dealer is probably going to go along with a replacement and maybe throw in a freebie option. If you did a Euro Delivery, or got some other kind of good deal on your lemon, plan on working hard to get the same good deal on a replacement.

BMW will work with you. Get the Service manager on your side. You don't need a lawyer to get payback. You need a little patience.

I took the repurchase and, after looking around, bought another BMW.
Got my fingers crossed.
Good luck"

He actually had the same problem with Drivetrain Malfunction - he recounts his experience in this thread: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...in+malfunction

So, from what I gather, a dealer buy back/repurchase would be the best/quickest option. If you have any further questions or need help, feel free to ask. I don't know too much about how Lemon Law works, but I simply searched a few minutes ago and found that. Good luck! Let us know how it goes .
Appreciate 0