05-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #28
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
I disagree. If it had DHP and BO plus all of the other options you mention it would be upwards of $55,000 or more with the low mileage.

Have to consider the optioned vehicle OP is discussing not what it could be. This CPO will go for $50k or a bit more. Did not realize it did not have LED lights. Besides that he is going to miss out on a nice optioned vehicle looking for an older one with more options and more mileage.

I do agree it's missing a key option like LED Lights. If that is a deal breaker then I understand. DHP CPOs are hard to find and would definitely be more expensive. That's the one option I would trade for my B&O system.

Another thing to take into consideration is the trade value they are giving him for his car.
Not really. I've seen 3 cars in the past 2 months, with all the options I listed (MSRP of $95K+), CPO, with around 25K miles listed for under $50K. They all sold very quickly though. I'm not sure 10K miles is worth much (probably $2K).

Agreed on the trade-in value though. If they're giving him top dollar for it, then the asking price does not mean much -- it's the difference that matters.
Appreciate 0