07-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #2
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
Has anyone had an Alphabet lease car in the UK? If so did your dealer make you wait to collect it until the tax disc arrived from the DVLA?

My car is currently 5 miles from my home at the dealers though I cant collect it for 5 days since they tell me that it is a rule of the lease company that they cannot release it until the tax disk arrives from the DVLA...is this BS? does the 14 day rule not apply in this case whereby you can legally drive your vehicle for up to 14 days without displaying the tax disc following first registration of your vehicle?
Sounds like BS to me man, I can drive mine the same day they get it, hopefully friday morning for friday afternoon pickup, and I'm with Alphabet. Seems pretty poor that they haven't got it all sorted in advance, they have all the info they need, VIN, reg etc., and have had several weeks to sort it while it floated across the Atlantic and on it's grand tour of Europe.

According to @worsy, he has something to sign saying that you can drive for 14 days without displaying a valid tax disc if its a new reg.

When do they phase out tax discs anyway, can't be too long now.
Appreciate 0